Friday, June 23, 2006

It's Not Far Now...

I find it hard to believe that the World Series of Poker starts next week. Well, I guess that's not so hard to believe. It's hard to believe that I'm going to be playing in it, and it starts next week!!

I think I'm ready for it, or at least I hope I am. I think I've been feeling like the kid on a car trip asking "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?". Well, it's not far now. I'm sure that once it gets going it will be just like playing another card game, or at least that's how I'm going to try and treat it. This week I've had a lot of people asking me what's my goal for the tournament. Obviously, winning the tournament would be great. That's truly the goal. Realistic? Probably not. Cashing in the tournament could be considered a goal. To make a profit on the tournament would be great. That's a goal. I think that at this moment my goal is to make the right decisions when I play and to make it to the second day. If I make that goal I will try and evaluate how the day went and the new goal will be to get to the third day.

I haven't played too much poker this week, and that's probably a good thing. Give the brain a break before really putting my mind to the task next week. Dan and I head out early Monday. I am sure that the Rio will be hosting some 1-table satellite tournaments that will cost $150-$200 with the winner getting an entry. I do plan on playing one of those to see if I can get my entry money back. If I do I'll be ahead of the game already!

I was hoping that I would be able to post "live" updates while I am playing in the tournament by using my cell phone, but when I tested that this week my posts didn't show up in the blog. I did call the Riviera this week, and they informed me that they do have internet access in the rooms so I will take a laptop computer to Vegas and will update my blog after play is completed for the day at the Rio. I'll try to take some notes while playing so I can keep the hands accurate. Hopefully I'll have some good news to report!

I'm hoping to get some live poker in over the weekend, but we'll see if that happens or not. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Image

No comments:

Post a Comment