Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Blind Structure and the "Plan"

Dan and I have been looking over the blind structure, and here is a partial list of how the blinds are structured:

Level 1 – Big Blind (BB) 25 – Small Blind (SB) 25 – Ante 0

Level 2 – BB 50 – SB 25 – Ante 0

Level 3 – BB 100 – SB 50 – Ante 0

Level 4 – BB 200 – SB 100 – Ante 0

Level 5 – BB 200 – SB 100 – Ante 25

Level 6 – BB 300 – SB 150 – Ante 25

That takes us up to the dinner break. The levels are 1 hour each. This should give plenty of time to find a hand to play. The dealers will get in somewhere between 30-40 hands per hour. At a full table of 10 people that means a player will have to pay blinds 3 or 4 times an hour. You start with 1500 chips. That would mean that if you paid blinds 4 times each hour in the first two hours and never invested another chip and never won a chip you would only be down 500 after two hours. That would also mean you've had 80 hands to play. I cannot imagine that a player cannot find a decent enough hand in that amount of time to win/earn some chips.

It also means that somewhere during/before Level 3 players will have needed to at least double up. So somewhere in the first 80-120 hands I need to find something good enough to get to 3000 chips. That's my plan. After that I figure that I will need to have to do the same thing by Level 6. So my plan is to try and be at/above 6000 chips by the time we break for dinner. I think that after dinner based on the blind structure I would feel comfortable if I could get to at least 20000 chips by the end of Level 10, which is when play will conclude for the day on Tuesday.

I don't know if I'll get a chance to post in the morning, but nothing too exciting should happen between now and then anyway. If I don't post something in the morning I promise to post when I get back from the Rio. I'm hoping that post won't occur until sometime very late Tuesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment