Wednesday, June 28, 2006

This has been Awesome!

Sorry about not posting anything until now, but I had one REALLY long day of poker yesterday. When Dan and I got back to the hotel it was almost 2:30am, and all I wanted to do was crash so I did. If you read my earlier posts you know I had a plan in mind. Well, my numbers in the plan were a little off. I thought that with the blind structure that was presented that we would play until there were about 500 players or so left. As it turned out we played until there were only 122 players left.

The tournament officially had 2776 entries. Out of those 2776 entries 270 places were being paid. I am no longer in the tournament, having busted out in 188th place. My friend Dan is still playing. The average chip stack is approximately $34,000, and Dan has $21,700. When he resumes play today the blinds will be $1200-$2400 with a $300 ante, so he has a little more than 3 full orbits left, as each orbit would cost $6,600 in chips.

There were so many poker pros that we saw. It would probably be easier to list the names of people I didn't see instead of the people who I did see. I even had a pro come up to me to ask a question early in the day. I was wearing my Full Tilt jersey, and Andrew Black came up to me to ask me a couple questions because he thought I was with the Full Tilt crew.

I had several poker "celebrities" at the various tables I played at today. I'll give a list of who I played with at my tables and then I will go in to more details about the hands I had. I played with: Barry Shulman (publisher of Card Player magazine), Todd Witteles (WSOP bracelet winner from last year's $3000 Limit Hold 'em event), Habib Hasan, "Minneapolis" Jim Meehan, Bill Gazes, Greg Raymer, and Tuan Le.

I don't want this blog to go on forever so I am just going to post this, and I will get in to more hand details in a later blog.

Cardplayer.com has updates and they told me they would also be listing the results there, but as of this time nothing has been posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment