Thursday, May 29, 2008

I can't stand it! I need to be in Vegas...NOW!!

Well, we are within a day of arriving in Las Vegas for the 39th Annual World Series of Poker. Dan and I are scheduled to leave Milwaukee at 7am tomorrow and arrive in Vegas at 9am. That should give us plenty of time to drop our luggage at the Bellagio and get over to the Rio for opening ceremonies and to take in some of the eye candy that will be in the halls around the convention center. The opening event is a $10,000 Pot-Limit Hold 'em Championship. I won't be entering that event, in case you were wondering. Maybe next year. I plan to try and capture a photo or two of some pros at the tables and then make my way to the cash games that will be taking place.

For those interested, I have provided a link to view the structure of the event which Dan and I plan on participating, which is Event #2, a $1500 No-Limit Hold 'em event. There will be two starting days, so I don't know which day will be day 1 for either of us.

Based on the structure and that it's a got a two-day start for Day 1, my goal for the event is going to be to try and double up in starting chips by the end of Level 4, and then again by the end of Level 7. Play is supposed to be completed at the end of Level 10, and if I can double up one more time by then I would be happy as well. Obviously, I'll collect anybody's chips at anytime I can, but I feel that I will probably be able to "play comfortably" if I have a chip stack that equates to the amounts I stated by the time I reach those levels. Hopefully it will work out so well that counting my own stack won't be a high priority...wouldn't that be nice?

Also, I have figured out and have tested posting to the blog using my cell phone, so I may try to post some pictures that I capture with my cell phone and will also try to do updates when on breaks. The posts that come from the cell phone won't have any titles/headers, and may be brief and contain cell phone shorthand, but that's the best I can do until I actually get back in front of the computer and type up an "official" post. I will try to do that when that opportunity arises (Hopefully, not until play is completed on Day 1, and then again until play is completed on Days 2 & 3!). Talk to you soon, and hopefully I'll have some good news to report!


No comments:

Post a Comment