Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Craziness Begins Today!

Event #2 begins in a little over three hours, and Dan is slated to start the event today. I don't start until tomorrow. Dan's drew for his seat: Amazon Room Red, Table 16, Seat 7. They have the Amazon room broken in to quadrants I guess to make it easier to locate tables. I wish him the best of luck, and if I have any news to report I will try to post it via the phone. Hopefully, you can also follow Dan on Cardplayer's site as I'm sure he will be the Day 1A chip leader throughout most of the day and Cardplayer will have their own blog of significant hands and chip stacks on their site.

Dan and I were able to get some poker in yesterday, and I ended an 8-hour session down $90. I had initially started out very well, being ahead a little over $250 after about two hours. Then I lost my whole stack (except for $1...I had him covered) in a hand where my opponent rivered his 5-outer for two pair. That took me down $300 overall. After rebuying, I worked my stack up to a little over $850 (net +$250) over the next 5+ hours, when another 5-outer for two pair on the river took a bite out of my stack to leave me ending the session down $90. I felt I played well, and was making good decisions, just got a little unlucky in two larger pots. I plan to turn that around today as I build my stack up today.

I'll do my best to keep you up to date! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment