Monday, June 9, 2008

Seriously...again?

If you've followed the blog you may have noticed a pattern that has developed with the last hand that I've played while out in Las Vegas, and it's not a good one. During the two prior trips to Las Vegas, my last hand was a big hand (once KK, once AA), and both times my hand got cracked for the stack that was in front of me. Part of the reason why it's been the last hand is because when it happens it tends to be about 30-45 minutes before I have to leave for the airport, and I don't want to rebuy to play that short of a period of time. Well, this trip once again ends on a large hand, but this time you need to know about the hand before that hand to know how it all went down.

I was playing at a $2/$5 No Limit table at the Bellagio, and was playing fairly tight, having only gotten involved in a couple of serious pots in the last hour+. I was in the Small Blind, and everyone started just calling the Big Blind. Well, of the eight people who had the opportunity to act before it got to me, six called the Big Blind. I looked down and saw:

2c 6s

obviously not a good starting hand, but I knew that most of the players would respect a raise from me, so I popped it to $45. Well, the Big Blind folds, and one by one they all fold. Then the player who was in the Big Blind jokingly says, "Let me guess, 7-2, right?". I had been chatting with this guy for the couple hours I was there (Nice guy from Arkansas, and he even had all his teeth!), so I decided to needle the table a little bit by responding, "You're close!", and I turned over my hand to show the table. I followed that up by remarking, "That's OK, I'll be able to do the same thing on the next hand with Aces now and you guys won't believe me!"

Well, on the very next hand I am now on the button, and once again, everyone starts limping, and I look down and I find: KK!! Unbelievable! I couldn't have set it up any better! It's not quite Aces, but in this situation, it's almost exactly what I'm looking for here. So once again, I pop it up to $45. This time, as the action went back around the table I'm getting the "evil eye" and four other players call, building a nice pot. The flop comes:

8c 6c 2c

which was about as bad a flop as I could see. Everyone checked to me, and since I know that the odds of flopping a flush are 119 to 1, and since I only had $250 in front of me to protect a $150 pot, I moved all in. As the action went back around, the guy in the hijack (two off the button), calls "I call, and you're not going to like it." Well, that can only mean one thing. He flopped the flush. Incidentally, I didn't catch the runner runner I needed for my full house. He had me covered, and I chose to not rebuy since we had to head to the aiport in about 45 minutes (I've been here before...), so once again, my last hand in Las Vegas was a large pocket pair that got cracked. Oh, how I look forward to going back.........lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment