Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Top Ten list of Cochenbalz 2008











I've seen several "Top 10" lists about the 2008 Cochenbalz Invitational along with other people's highlights. I'd like to post mine here along with other pictures from the weekend. My Top 10 highlights of the 2008 Cochenbalz Invitational (in no particular order):
  1. David nearly acing the elevated par 3 that had the fans surrounding it (Great Birdie!)
  2. Constantly being amazed by Thimmesch's length and accuracy off the tee.
  3. Getting accustomed to calling the first 18 "the front" and the second 18 "the back" and still trying to call the first nine of 18 "the front" and the second nine of 18 "the back".
  4. John's 40 on the "back of the front" on Saturday in the two-man best ball matches which pretty much slaughtered David and myself.
  5. As usual, feeling like I'm a midget whenever I'm around Pru. I just haven't seen you in a while.
  6. Our foursome making an incredible putt for birdie in the scramble with Vallee playing the "Humpty Hump" from his cell phone, and then needing to have that playing for all our shots the rest of the round.
  7. Making an 8 on Canyon #1 on Sunday. This may not seem good, but you likely didn’t see me play Canyon #1 on Friday or Saturday, did you? If you did you know why this is a highlight.
  8. Watching Adam try and use the cart girls as his "beard" (see picture of Trav and Adam in blog)
  9. Fitting 6 of us in a BMW to ride to Marley’s. This seems more improbable when you realize that in the backseat was a 6’8” person (Curt), his only slightly shorter brother (Keith), myself, and another 6’+ person (Trav) sitting on Keith’s lap. Saj and John appeared to be quite comfortable up front, while I’m sure anybody watching us get out of the car at Marley’s were waiting to see the clowns get out after us.
  10. Getting a ride back to the Ramada from Marley's from the Kalahari shuttle, who drove four of us on his bus that seats 20 from Marley's and never went to Kalahari. This also included a stop at some guy's house along the way.
  11. and of course, having a great time with some good competition and lots of drinking and camaraderie.

OK...so there's 11 instead of 10. I had more fun than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment